Lake Wylie RiverSweep
Join us for the 12th Annual Lake Wylie RiverSweep!
Oct 04, 2013
from 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM
|Contact Name||Sam Perkins|
|Add event to calendar||
Each year, approximately 1000 volunteers of all ages get together at various locations around Lake Wylie to remove 10-40 tons of trash from the Lake in one day.
The most important thing for new volunteers to know is that it's easy to come and lend a hand for a few hours, meet like-minded people, and have a great time. Even if people have limited physical ability, there are many tasks around each volunteer site that need staffing. With 13 volunteer site locations around the lake, it is easy to choose the one that is most convenient for you.
- Come alone or bring your family, friends, or neighbors. Kids are welcome, and they are some of our hardest workers!
- Wear comfortable, old clothing, closed-toe shoes that can get wet and muddy, and a hat or sun visor!
- Bring, and don't forget to apply your favorite sunscreen!
- Be sure to print, complete, and sign the Work Glove Release and the Assumption of Risk & Release forms for yourself and each member of your group, then bring these forms with you to your selected site location on October 4th! Remember that volunteers 18 and under are required to obtain a parent or guardian signature on these forms. You will find links to these forms below.
- We will provide bottled water, work gloves, and trash bags!
- TO REGISTER FOR THE CLEANUP, CLICK HERE! (THERE IS NO CHARGE)
- If you did not pre-register, but would still like to participate, just show up at 8:00 a.m. on October 4th, 2014 at any of the 13 sites listed. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a t-shirt for participants who are not pre-registered.
- If you are registering a group that numbers more than 100 members, please e-mail the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org for separate registration instructions. All registered group leaders and boat captains will be contacted in advance of the event by a Riversweep organizer to provide additional information and instructions.
The Lake Wylie Riversweep organization is sponsored by the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation, the Lake Wylie Covekeepers, the Lake Wylie Marine Commission, and many other groups and individuals. We are a volunteer member organization formed to help protect Lake Wylie, and we are excited that you have chosen to check us out. Please consider volunteering your time to help us keep Lake Wylie clean! A special thank you goes out to Food Lion for their continued sponsorship.