Spider Lily Eco-Tour
Experience the largest colony of Rocky Shoals Spider Lilies in the World with the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation. Spider Lily Eco-Tour is FREE for current CRF members!
May 20, 2017
from 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
|Where||Landsford Canal State Park|
|Contact Name||Hillary Zorman|
|Add event to calendar||
The Spider Lily Eco-Tour travels along Landsford Canal and allows participants to see and experience the magnificence of the endangered Rocky Shoals Spider Lilies that make their home in the middle of the Catawba River. The rare flowers enter peak blooming period for only one month in the year (early May to early June). So, please join your Catawba Riverkeeper for an experience of a lifetime!
For the first time, we are offering two tour options:
- By kayak/canoe - led by the Riverkeeper, Sam Perkins
- Bring-Your-Own-Boat or rent from Catawba River Expeditions, see details below.
- ~1.5 miles one-way. Kids are welcome!
Tours begins at 10:00AM sharp. **This is a very busy time of year and parking can take some time. For those paddling with us, we strongly recommend coming at least one-hour before the tour begins to give yourself enough time to drop off your kayak/canoe, move your car to the take-out location, and meet us at our launch.
Spider Lily Eco-Tour is FREE for current CRF members!
Non-members are encouraged to make a $25 donation. You may donate:
- Day-of. Bring cash or check.
- Over the phone. Call 704-679-9494.
- Mail a check to Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation, PO Box 11838, Charlotte, NC 28220