New Sewage Plant at ReVenture Park

— filed under: ,

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utilities is planning to build a new $197 million wastewater plant in proposed business park on the former Clariant (Sodyeco) property on the west side of the Catawba River. The plant would serve Mt. Holly via a pipe installed under the Catawba River into Mecklenburg County.

New Sewage Plant at ReVenture Park

Proposed ReVenture Business Park

Article from the Charlotte Business Journal, Friday, March 5, 2010.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utilities is pushing a deal with Mount Holly for a new treatment plant — the first to be built by the city in more than 30 years — that could help anchor a renewable-energy business park.

If approved, the water and sewer department would design, build and own the estimated $197 million plant at Long Creek that would be at the south end of the proposed ReVenture “eco-park.”  The property is just north of the U.S. National Whitewater Center, at a contaminated Superfund site owned by Clariant Corp.


For the rest of the article, click here.

Document Actions
Help Catawba Riverkeeper

Your River needs you as much as you need the River

Donate Here

Help in other ways

Report Pollution in the Catawba River

Help protect your River! 

Tell your Riverkeeper if you see:

  • Sewage Overflows
  • Failure to control sediment from construction sites
  • Illegal clearing of buffer areas
  • Fish kills 
  • Unpermitted discharges
  • Other issues that concern you

Click here to fill out a pollution reportor to report water pollution to Catawba Riverkeeper by phone, call 1-888-679-9494 or 704-679-9494.  In addition, to informing your Riverkeeper, you should also report spills or contamination to federal, state and local environmental officials.

To report South Carolina water pollution call 1-888-481-0125.

To report North Carolina spills or fish kills, call your local regional Department of Environment & Natural Resources office during normal business hours (704-663-1699 for most Catawba basin areas or (828) 296-4500 for Burke, Caldwell, McDowell and other mountain counties) or 800-858-0368 after hours.  (For more information on NC spill reporting, click here)

715 N. Church St., Suite 120 . Charlotte, NC 28202 . Phone: 704.679.9494 . Fax: 704.679.9559