Paddling the Catawba-Wateree River
Information about paddling trips on the Catawba-Wateree River.
- Catawba River from Lake Wylie to Landsford Canal
- Description of access points and points of interest on the 31-mile long "free-flowing" section of the Catawba below Lake Wylie.
- Paddling the South Fork of the Catawba
- The South Fork of the Catawba River is west of the Catawba River and merges with the Catawba at Lake Wylie near the North/South Carolina boarder. The river offers miles of natural landscapes, with great fishing and paddling opportunities. The easiest and most popular trip is 5.5 miles from the Catawba Lands Conservancy access near Spencer Mountain to the R.Y. McAden River Access take out point (just below I-85). Under normal flow conditions, this trip takes approximately 2 hours.
- South Fork
- South Fork of the Catawba