Catawba Riverkeeper has received numerous awards and honors for its work including the following:
- The Catawba Riverkeeper won Sustain Charlotte's Community Sustainability Award for Water in 2016.
- Charlotte Magazine listed the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation as one of seven charities worth supporting.
- The Southern Environmental Law Center named CRF's Executive Director Rick Gaskins as the recipient of the 2013 James S. Dockery Award for Environmental Leadership in the South.
- Sustain Charlotte recognized CRF's Executive Director Rick Gaskins for Outstanding Contributions to Local Sustainability in the water category at the Community Sustainability Awards in 2013.
- 2011 Blue Fin Award conferred by the Mountain Island Lake Marine Commission. The Blue Fin Award honors people and organizations that have “done positive things on or around Mountain Island Lake that benefit the lake residents and its visitors.”
- David Merryman, who was Catawba Riverkeeper at that time, received Sustain Charlotte's leadership award for water at the inagural Community Sustainability Awards in 2012.
- In 2009, CRF's Executive Director (Rick Gaskins) was featured in Business North Carolina magazine as the top vote getter among environmental attorneys in the “North Carolina Legal Elite.”
- The 2005 Robert H. "Mac" McSwain Community Service award for outstanding community service to the Lake Wateree Community
- 2004 Best of Charlotte-Best Activists: Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation, Creative Loafing
- 2004 Environmental Organization of the Year-Community Organization-Lake Norman Covekeepers bestowed by Keep Iredell Clean for the Island Keeper Program
- 2003 Blue Fin Award conferred by the Mountain Island Lake Marine Commission. The Blue Fin Award honors people and organizations that have “done positive things on or around Mountain Island Lake that benefit the lake residents and its visitors.”
- Catawba Riverkeeper received the 2001 “Environmental Health Award” by the Mecklenburg County Health Department
- Catawba Riverkeeper named Charlotte’s “Best Advocate – May ‘00” by Charlotte Magazine
- Catawba Riverkeeper program is the only environmental advocacy group to twice receive Creative Loafing's "Best of Effort to Improve the Environment" award two years in a row, 1999 and 2000
- Catawba Riverkeeper named “1999 Guardian of the Environment” by the Charlotte Observer
- Catawba Riverkeeper and the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundations were each separately named as a recipient of the Charlotte Coalition’s “Blue Thumb Award” in 1998