The Catawba Riverkeeper Environmental Education and Kayaking (CREEK) program educates participants on the importance of water and the Catawba River. This youth education program aims to foster an early appreciation of our natural environment through hands-on, outdoor learning and the exciting opportunity to experience the Catawba River first-hand in a kayak.
The Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation seeks motivated Education and Kayaking Program interns to work closely with and under the supervision of our Kayaking Director. Interns will assist in educational lessons and activities; lead youth and adult kayak excursions; as well as coordinating materials, volunteers, and school groups. Other duties may include assisting with events and programs and/or some administrative tasks.
- Strong interest or experience in environmental education, conservation, and/or non-profits
- Experience with youth
- Must be able to wade, walk, and swim in the river
- Ability to lift and carry kayaks
- Experience with kayaks highly preferred
- Ability to work well in a team
- Dependable and punctual
- Valid driver’s license – Must be willing and able to travel to Landsford Canal State Park
(June/July) and Tailrace Marina (July/August)
- Ability to pass Background Check
- CPR Certification preferred
Please note before applying: this position is outdoors and requires a lot of physical activity.