Catawba Riverkeeper is seeking a self-starting, relationship-building intern to help the Foundation expand its presence in the southern half of the Catawba-Wateree River Basin.
The Lower Basin Intern will work 20/hours a week, assisting a variety of Catawba Riverkeeper staff members with education, engagement, and protection projects. A weekly in-office or virtual video meeting will be required, but the Lower Basin Intern will complete a significant amount of work remotely. Catawba Riverkeeper will follow all safety and distancing guidelines set by public health authorities for the duration of the internship.
The internship will start May/June and run for at least 3 months. Thanks to funding from the J. Marion Sims Foundation, the intern will receive a $500 stipend each month.
Preference will be given to residents of Lancaster and Chester Counties.
- Education – assist Program Director with educational programs for adults and youth located in the lower basin
- Engagement – assist the Engagement Coordinator with on the water kayaking programs for youth, young adults, adults, and families; also assist with hiking and camping events on our Lower Basin Property
- Protection – assist Riverkeeper and Technical Manager with collection of water samples and other monitoring of lower basin waters
- Support staff with the planning and execution of events for the lower basin
- Attend community events on behalf of Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation
- Passion for the environment and strong interest in water conservation and stewardship
- Ability to work independently and capable of taking initiative on a specific project
- Ability to speak to different populations within our organization: volunteers, members, donors, prospective supporters
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical and research skills with big picture thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both in person and via email
- Valid driver’s license – this position involves periodic travel to and from events
- Ability to pass Background Check
- Currently studying or background in environmental engineering, environmental education, outdoor recreation, or related fields is a plus
How to apply:
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.