Catawba Riverkeeper is offering half-day kayaking experiences to kids 10-15 years old!
These Kids’ Kayaking days are great for beginners. Whether it’s your kid’s first time, fifth time, or tenth time kayaking, they’ll have fun with us.
Dates and Locations
- June 12 – Kevin Loftin Riverfront Park in Belmont, NC
- June 19 – Tailrace Marina in Mt. Holly, NC
- June 26 – Copperhead Island – McDowell Nature Preserve in Charlotte
- July 10 – Landsford Canal State Park in Catawba, SC
- July 17 – Lake Norman State Park in Troutman, NC
- July 21 – Tailrace Marina in Mt. Holly, NC
- July 24 – Goat Island Park in Cramerton, NC
- August 4 – Tailrace Marina in Mt. Holly, NC
- August 7 – Gar Creek, Latta Nature Preserve in Huntersville, NC
All kids’ kayaking experiences will begin at 9:30 AM and end at 12 PM.
Sanitized boats and equipment (PFDs, paddles) will be provided. Kids will help clean afterwards. Staff will wear masks. Capacity will be limited to 15 participants.
Parent/guardian signature on the waiver is required for kids to participate in the program.
Register by clicking on the link for the dates listed above.