Help people engage with the Catawba River!
Catawba Riverkeeper is looking for friendly faces to operate our new kayak rental program in Belmont.
Rental operation will take place at Kevin Loftin Park in Belmont, NC, on Thursday evenings from 4-6 PM and from 10 AM-6 PM on weekends starting August 22.
- Move boats from kayak trailer to boat launch (2 staff to carry)
- Prep PFDs, Paddles, and Kayaks for use (organize and sanitize)
- Check guests in using the Square app (training provided) and collect waivers
- Provide a safety trip talk and general paddling tips for beginners
- Check guest PFD for proper fit
- Assist guest into the water (via the kayak launch at the park)
- Monitor and answer questions
- Return equipment and sanitize for next time slot
- Positive attitude
- Comfort with kayaking and ability to give brief instruction
- Comfort using Square App for guest reservations
- Ability to lift 50 lbs (kayaks)
- Must have own means of reliable transportation
- CPR certification (Catawba Riverkeeper will pay for training)
- Must be at least 18 years of age, be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States; Must have a legal driver’s license and consent to a criminal history check.
The average shift will last 5 1/2 hours. Staff arrive 1 hour early for set up and leave approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour after last kayak returns (7:30-8 PM for evening shifts).
How to apply:
Email your resume to Wayne Moyers, Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com.