Know someone looking for part-time weekend work that supports Catawba Riverkeeper? We’ve got a unique opportunity at The Boathouse. Help us share this fun side job!
Position Title: Retail/Operations Staff (Part-Time)
Pay Rate: $10/hr
The Retail/Operations Staff members are responsible for a variety of public facing and frontline tasks within the retail and operational support areas of the Catawba Riverkeeper organization. Tasks include, but are not limited to, providing top tier customer service to our guests and participants, providing information, education, and insight at our retail locations, and ensuring quick and seamless point of sale transactions for retail/consignment items, food and beverage, and kayak rentals. Inventory management, data collection, cash transactions and general guest support are all required and primary areas of focus for this position.
Day to Day Duties:
- Provide a welcoming, friendly, and inclusive experience for all guests, participants, and other staff members at all times.
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge of outdoor gear to support our guests with their retail shopping experience.
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of the Catawba Riverkeeper organization and be able to answer various and broad reaching questions.
- Manage and count retail inventory levels and communicate clearly with supervisor on an ongoing basis.
- Provide quick and easy Point of Sale transactions for our guests and participants.
- Provide clear communications with other Catawba Riverkeeper operational staff members (Kayak Rentals, Shuttle Drivers, etc)
- Effectively execute opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Executive Director
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified (Catawba Riverkeeper hosts discounted CPR/AED/First Aid courses for employees)
- Must be 18 years of age or older (this position will be responsible for selling, handling, and serving alcoholic beverages)
- Organized and attentive with strong customer service skills
- Must be a team player willing to step into a variety of roles within the organization
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed as shifts primarily occur on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Must be willing to work and support programs and events at The Boathouse
- Maintain a flexible work schedule
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation at all times
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Catawba Riverkeeper will provide appropriate orientation and job training prior to start of work
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.