On Fridays during the summer, Catawba Riverkeeper offers flatwater kayaking experiences for kids ages 10-15.
For $20, your child gets a kayak, paddle, PFD, safety instruction, and a guided tour on the water.
All kids’ kayaking experiences begin at 9:30 AM and end at 12 PM.
Kids’ Kayaking days take place at different locations throughout the Catawba River Basin. 2020 locations included:
- McDowell Nature Preserve on Lake Wylie (Charlotte)
- Latta Nature Preserve on Mountain Island Lake (Huntersville)
- Tailrace Marina on upper Lake Wylie (Mt. Holly)
- Kevin Loftin Riverfront Park on upper Lake Wylie (Belmont)
- Goat Island Park on the South Fork (Cramerton)
- Lake Norman State Park on Lake Norman (Troutman)
- Landsford Canal State Park on the Catawba River (Catawba, SC).
Check back for 2021 schedule and registration.
Parent/guardian signature on the waiver is required for kids to participate in the program.