On Fridays during the summer, Catawba Riverkeeper offers flatwater kayaking experiences for kids ages 10-15.
For $20, your child gets a kayak, paddle, PFD, safety instruction, and a guided tour on the water.
Kids’ Kayaking days take place at different locations throughout the Catawba River Basin. Sessions are offered at 9-11:30 AM and at 1-3:30 PM.
*Registration opens in May.*
- June 4 | Kevin Loftin Riverfront Park (Belmont, NC)
- June 11 | Stumpy Pond (Heath Springs, SC)
- June 18 | Dutchmans Creek Access Area (Mt. Holly, NC)
- June 25 | Landsford Canal State Park (Catawba, SC)
- July 2 | Linville Access – Lake James (Marion, NC)
- July 9 | The Boathouse (McAdenville, NC)
- July 16 | Latta Plantation – Gar Creek (Huntersville, NC)
- July 30 | Outdoor Classroom (Fort Lawn, SC)
- August 6 | Lake Norman State Park (Troutman, NC)
- August 13 | Lucia Access Area – Mtn. Island Lake (Stanley, NC)
- August 20 | Copperhead Island- McDowell Nature Preserve (Charlotte)
- August 27 | Tailrace Marina (Mt. Holly, NC)
- September 3 | Crowders Mountain
Parent/guardian signature on the waiver is required for kids to participate in the program.