On Fridays during the summer, Catawba Riverkeeper offers flatwater kayaking experiences for kids ages 10-15.
For $20, your child gets a kayak, paddle, PFD, safety instruction, and a guided tour on the water.
Kids’ Kayaking days take place at different locations throughout the Catawba River Basin. Sessions run from 9:00-11:30 AM.
- June 4 | Kevin Loftin Riverfront Park (Belmont, NC)
- June 11 | Stumpy Pond (Heath Springs, SC)
- June 18 | Dutchmans Creek Access Area (Mt. Holly, NC)
- June 25 | Landsford Canal State Park (Catawba, SC)
- July 2 | Linville Access – Lake James (Marion, NC)
- July 9 | The Boathouse (McAdenville, NC)
Parent/guardian signature on the waiver is required for kids to participate in the program.