The Devil We Know Film Screening Action Items
- VOTE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVES.
- Do your research on candidates, be an avid reader on issues and look at references when reading.
- Talk to your representatives about your concerns and desires for regulation that protects human and environmental health.
- NC Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) needs adequate funding to monitor water and air quality and hold polluters accountable.
- EPA needs funding to protect human health and the environment.
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) written in the 1970s, updated in 2016, needs an overhaul.
- STAY EDUCATED.
- BE A SMART CONSUMER.
- Check out madesafe.org and ewg.org/verified for information about products made with safe ingredients.
- Get rid of non-stick cookware, opt instead for cast iron and stainless steel.
- When finished with pharmaceuticals, dispose properly thru a certified take-back program.
- Choose personal care products that are tested and free of harmful chemicals.
- Consider installing a water filtering systems within the home.
It doesn’t matter your political party, your economic status, your race, your gender, your age – we all need clean water!
When you vote, keep clean water in mind.